Public Form Downloads
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training Application
EMA Training Application
EMA Volunteer Application
Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD) Membership Application
For More Public Form Downloads, CLICK HERE
Emergency Management Agency
P.O. Box 2089
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403-2089
Phone: (205) 349-0150
Fax: (205) 349-0198
Emergency Management Agency (EMA)
Disasters can strike quickly and history shows Tuscaloosa is not immune. Emergency Management provides leadership; planning, education and resources to protect lives, property and the environment in the event a disaster were to strike.
Emergency Management is a multi-jurisdictional organization working with City of Tuscaloosa, City of Northport and Tuscaloosa County departments, agencies, volunteer organizations and the private sector to develop disaster preparedness plans, provide training and exercise activities and coordinate the overall response to large scale emergencies and disasters.
One of Emergency Management's primary goals is to ensure training and information is available to both first responders and the community. We constantly prepare and practice to ensure that we are ready if a disaster strikes. We also want to make sure you are prepared as well. Check out the helpful links on what you and your family can do in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.
Disaster Planning and Emergency Preparedness
American Red Cross Family Disaster Planning information.
Weather and Travel Information
- National Weather Service forecast for Tuscaloosa.
- Tuscaloosa County was the first county in Alabama to become StormReady. StormReady is a nationwide community preparedness program that uses a grassroots approach to help communities develop plans to handle all types of severe weather. Read more…
- Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) Emergency Road Closures.
- United States Department of Homeland Security.
- Alabama Department of Homeland Security.
- Ready.Gov - From the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This site contains public education information about how to be prepared in case of a national emergency - including a possible terrorist attack.
- Ready Kids – USDHS national emergency information for children.