Know the terms and conditions of eBill online billing
Last Updated: April 18, 2013
You'll stop receiving paper bills after you enroll in eBill. We'll email you when your latest bill is available online. You may still continue to pay your bill in person at our Business office, by mail, online or by using Automatic Payment.
The terms and conditions of eBill online billing require that you agree to the following:
- Enrollment: By enrolling in eBill you are requesting that we stop mailing a paper bill. Therefore, it will be your responsibility to check the City of Tuscaloosa website to obtain your bill. We'll try to send a reminder email, but understand that we don't control all aspects of email delivery and can't assure timely delivery of the email reminder. You'll continue to receive a paper bill until we have successfully delivered a confirmation email to the address provided in the enrollment request.
- Acknowledging Receipt: By agreeing to suspension of mailed paper bills, you agree that posting of the bill on the website will constitute your receipt of the bill for all purposes and that the bill is due and payable upon posting. We can only attempt to send the email reminder of your bill if it has a current correct email address for you and you immediately notify us of any change in your email address. If you don't check the City of Tuscaloosa website in a timely manner for your bill or fail to pay your bill by the due date for any reason, collections actions may be initiated against your account. These actions may include but are not limited to assessment of fees and suspension of service.
- Invalid Email Addresses: If for any reason email notifications are returned as undeliverable, you will be switched to paper. However, there may be a delay of one or two billing cycles before you again receive a mailed paper bill. Therefore, it will still be your responsibility to check the City of Tuscaloosa website in a timely manner and pay your bill by the due date as described above. You will need to re-enroll in online bills with an updated email address if you want to continue with online billing.
- Online Bill Cancellation: You may cancel electronic billing at no cost and again begin receiving a mailed paper bill; however, please understand there may be a delay of 1 or 2 billing cycles before you again receive a mailed paper bill.
- Payments: A printed online bill can be used in association with mailing a check for payments. Various other methods of payment as described on www.tuscaloosa.com are also acceptable.