Currently not accepting new applications – please check page often for updates.
Tuscaloosa CARES is a program administered by the Office of Community & Neighborhood Services funded by a CDBG-CV grant. This program is designed to help households who have been affected by COVID-19 with rental, mortgage and/or utility assistance. Please see specific details listed below. If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Community & Neighborhood Services at 205-248-5080.
Who Is Eligible for Assistance?
- Anyone whose:
- household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income;
- has been financially impacted by COVID-19 (job loss, reduction in hours, etc.);
- resides within the City of Tuscaloosa
What type of support is available?
- Rental Assistance for up to 6 months
- Utility Assistance for up to 6 months
- Mortgage Assistance for up to 6 months
What is required to apply?
- Submit a complete application & requested documentations
- Verification and calculation of household income
What happens next?
- Your application is evaluated by the Office of CNS
- If approved, further information will be requested.
- Your approved amount of assistance will be paid directly to the provider each month for six months.