View Notification
Click here for more information on the City of Tuscaloosa and COVID-19

City News

FEMA Individual Assistance Available for Tuscaloosa Residents with Storm Damage

Tuscaloosa, Ala.
 Individuals and households in the City of Tuscaloosa can apply for FEMA assistance by reporting uninsured or underinsured property damage from severe storms April 28 through May 5, as Tuscaloosa County has been added to a list of counties approved for FEMA individual assistance. Disaster assistance may include:·      Temporary housing, emergency home repairs·      Disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance·      Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business AdministrationIndividuals should register online at or via smartphone at Applicants may also call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585.All residents with storm damage should register with FEMA even if they have insurance because under-insured applicants may receive help after insurance claims are settled.For more information call Tuscaloosa 311 at 205-248-5311 and visit