TDOT provides Tuscaloosa with services such as maintaining streets; installation, maintenance and monitoring of traffic signals; traffic calming devices, storm drains, animal control, litter removal and much more. We operate and maintain 200 traffic signals, 5,000 stop signs and over 400 miles of paved roads.
Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation
- Traffic Systems
- Right-of-Way & Landscaping
- Fleet Maintenance
- Tuscaloosa Regional Airport
- Report a pothole or other transportation problem
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that CivilWorx Construction will be closing 26th Avenue East between 6th Street East and 7th Street East beginning Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 8:00AM and will remain closed for one month. The closure is due to performing sanitary sewer and water main improvements. Detour route will be posted.
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that The Alabama Department of Transportation will be closing the McFarland Boulevard East Tuscaloosa-Holt off Ramp (to Jack Warner Parkway) beginning Monday, February 16, 2015 at 8:30AM and will reopen on Monday, March 9, 2015 at 5:00PM. The closure is due to rebuilding of the ramp. Detour will be posted.
STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 23, 2015
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation will be sweeping the following general areas the week of February 23, 2015.
- Country Club, East and West Circle, Prosperity Lane, 4th Street to Stillman Boulevard, Reece Court, Virginia Circle, Westlee Estates, 57th Court, Royal Pines, Oak Court, Oakdale, 22nd Place, Washington Square
- Metro Park, Wakefield Drive, 60th and 61st Street, Greenbriar, Southwood Trace Drive, 6th Avenue to 2nd Avenue East, Dogwood Lane, Valley View Circle, Southmont Drive, Overhill Road, Woodbine Road Crestline Drive, 52nd , 53rd , 55th , and 56th Street East
- Buena Vista, The Highlands, 16th and 17th Avenue, 10th Street East, 18th Avenue, 4th Street East, Eastwood, Gardenia Avenue, 12th Street East to 15th Street East, Sycamore Lane, Hickory Lane, Carriage Lane, Oakhill Court, Idlewood Drive, 28th, 29th, and 31st Street East
- Reston Drive, 9th Street North, Hollow Lane, Shallow Creek Road, Plymouth Lane, High Forest Drive, Overlook Road, 8th Place N., Bedford Place, Indian Hills Drive, 7th Place North, Rollingwood, 15th Street North
In order to allow the sweepers to do a thorough job, please refrain from parking on the street in these areas this week.