TDOT provides Tuscaloosa with services such as maintaining streets; installation, maintenance and monitoring of traffic signals; traffic calming devices, storm drains, animal control, litter removal and much more. We operate and maintain 200 traffic signals, 5,000 stop signs and over 400 miles of paved roads.
Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation
- Traffic Systems
- Right-of-Way & Landscaping
- Fleet Maintenance
- Tuscaloosa Regional Airport
- Report a pothole or other transportation problem
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that Ryan Shirley, Inc. will be closing 13th Street East between McFarland Blvd East and 13th Ave East to through traffic beginning Monday, July 14, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. until Friday, July 25, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. The closure is due to water and sewer main replacement. Detour route is marked.GFC Construction Inc. will close northbound Greensboro Ave. between University Blvd. and Jack Warner Pkwy. on Monday July 28th at 8:30am. Closure will be for two weeks with the northbound traffic detour route using University Blvd to 21st Ave. to Jack Warner Pkwy. Greensboro Ave. closure is due to sewer line construction.
STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 28, 2014
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation will be sweeping the following general areas the week of July 28, 2014.
- 15th Street to Hargrove, and Greensboro Avenue to Hackberry Lane, 16th thru 19th Street, Avalon Place, Pinehurst, Guildswood, Dearing Place, Alaca Place, Parkview Drive, Bonita Terrace, Meadow Lawn, 11th Court, 12th Avenue, The Downs, Hillcrest, Harrison Street, Old Mills Street, Brooksdale Drive
- Lakepoint Drive, Monte Vista Drive, Lakeside Cove, Spring Hill Drive, Norwood Lane, Palisades Drive, 33rd Court East, Rainbow Drive, Diamond Ridge Lane, Joshua Circle, 30th thru 33rd Avenue East, Alpine Place, 48th Place East
- 26th and 28th Avenue East, Juanita Drive, Crescent Gardens Drive, The Knoll, Durrett Grove, Arcadia Drive, 12th Place East, 6th Street NE, Green Grove, Sunset Drive NE, Beech Hills, 21st Street East, Mayfair Lane, Lewis Lane, Clairmont Road, Patton Avenue, Cherokee Hills, Woodland Terrace, Tall Pine Circle, Willow Ridge Lane, 35th Street East
- 35th and 37th Street NE, 16th thru 19th Avenue NE, Gaineswood Lane, Brandon Parkway, Hodge Circle, Edward Circle, The Towns of North River, Lesley Drive, Point Clear Road, Greystone, Crown Pointe, Newport Drive
In order to allow the sweepers to do a thorough job, please refrain from parking on the street in these areas this week.