TDOT provides Tuscaloosa with services such as maintaining streets; installation, maintenance and monitoring of traffic signals; traffic calming devices, storm drains, animal control, litter removal and much more. We operate and maintain 200 traffic signals, 5,000 stop signs and over 400 miles of paved roads.
Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation
- Traffic Systems
- Right-of-Way & Landscaping
- Fleet Maintenance
- Tuscaloosa Regional Airport
- Report a pothole or other transportation problem
The Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that the Tuscaloosa Office of City Engineer will be closing 25th Avenue East between 4th Street East and University Blvd East beginning on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 8:00 AM and will remain closed for 7 to 10 days. The closure is due to sewer improvements. Detour will be posted.
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that R. Law Construction will be closing the southbound lane of Dr. Edward Hilliard Drive between 13th Street East and 15th Street East on Sunday, March 22, 2015 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The closure is due to a sewer tie in.
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that Mickey’s Backhoe Service will be closing 21st Street between 29th Avenue and Dinah Washington Avenue on Sunday, March 23, 2015 from 8:30AM to 5PM. The closure is due to a sewer lateral installation.
STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 30, 2015
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation will be sweeping the following general areas the week of March 30, 2015.
- 15th Street to 29th Street, Foster Ferry to Dinah Washington, Brown Circle, 16th Street to Ash Street, all Streets and Avenues East of Dinah Washington to Greensboro Avenue, Exchange Avenue, 28th Street to 32nd Street, 40th Avenue to 43rd Avenue, Ozment Road, The Glen, Cherrystone, Gresham Circle, Willow Lane
- 20th to 24th Avenue East, 56th, 57th, & 58th Street East, 2nd Court East, 23rd & 24th Court East, 25th & 26th Avenue East 37th & 38th Place East, 39th Street East, 44th & 48th Street East, 21st Avenue East, Jug Factory Lane, 10th Avenue & 10th Court East, 51st to 54th Street East
- Royal Oaks Court, Claybrook, Claymont Circle, Freemont Drive, Eastwood Drive, (east side of Kicker Road to University Boulevard) 3rd Street NE, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, Avenue NE, 4th Place East, 5th, 6th, 7th Street East, Veterans Parkway to Loop Road, Kicker Road to 29th Avenue East, Lavera Drive, Cribbs Mill Circle, Circlewood, Cross Creek Drive, 27th Street East, Pine Hills, Valley View Lane, Valley Crest Road
- Covey Chase, Vicksburg Drive, Riverdale Lane, Ridgedale Drive, 2nd Avenue NE, Woodridge Drive, Woodridge Road, Harmony Lane, Ridgeland, Yorktown Drive, Arbor Ridge Road, Windy Ridge, Pinbrook Lane
In order to allow the sweepers to do a thorough job, please refrain from parking on the street in these areas this week.