TDOT provides Tuscaloosa with services such as maintaining streets; installation, maintenance and monitoring of traffic signals; traffic calming devices, storm drains, animal control, litter removal and much more. We operate and maintain 200 traffic signals, 5,000 stop signs and over 400 miles of paved roads.
Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation
- Traffic Systems
- Right-of-Way & Landscaping
- Fleet Maintenance
- Tuscaloosa Regional Airport
- Report a pothole or other transportation problem
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that REV Construction will be closing Dearing Place between 1617 Dearing Place and 17th Avenue beginning Monday, April 7, 2014, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. The street will be closed to thru traffic for sewer repair.
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises that Ryan Shirley, Inc. will be closing 3rd Court between Hargrove Road and 21st Street beginning Thursday, March 27, 2014, 5:00 a.m. through Friday, March 28, 2014, 7:00 p.m. The closure is due to a water main tie in.
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises the following pertaining to the road closures associated with the Downtown Urban Renewal/Redevelopment Phase II project.
Beginning Tuesday, March 11, 2014 for approximately two weeks, access to the Downtown Intermodal Facility will be from 7th Street East and West Bound
- To access the Intermodal Facility from the South (15th Street) – take 23rd Avenue to 7th Street
- To access the Intermodal facility from the North ( Jack Warner Pkwy, University Blvd) – take 21st Avenue South bound to 7th Street and follow 7th Street to the west into the parking deck
STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 21, 2014
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation will be sweeping the following general areas the week of April 21, 2014.
- Country Club, East and West Circle, Prosperity Lane, 4th Street to Stillman Boulevard, Reece Court, Virginia Circle, Westlee Estates, 57th Court, Royal Pines, Oak Court, Oakdale, 22nd Place, Washington Square
- Metro Park, Wakefield Drive, 60th and 61st Street, Greenbriar, Southwood Trace Drive, 6th Avenue to 2nd Avenue East, Dogwood Lane, Valley View Circle, Southmont Drive, Overhill Road, Woodbine Road Crestline Drive, 52nd , 53rd , 55th , and 56th Street East
- Buena Vista, The Highlands, 16th and 17th Avenue, 10th Street East, 18th Avenue, 4th Street East, Eastwood, Gardenia Avenue, 12th Street East to 15th Street East, Sycamore Lane, Hickory Lane, Carriage Lane, Oakhill Court, Idlewood Drive, 28th, 29th, and 31st Street East
- Reston Drive, 9th Street North, Hollow Lane, Shallow Creek Road, Plymouth Lane, High Forest Drive, Overlook Road, 8th Place N., Bedford Place, Indian Hills Drive, 7th Place North, Rollingwood, 15th Street North
In order to allow the sweepers to do a thorough job, please refrain from parking on the street in these areas this week.