TDOT provides Tuscaloosa with services such as maintaining streets; installation, maintenance and monitoring of traffic signals; traffic calming devices, storm drains, animal control, litter removal and much more. We operate and maintain 200 traffic signals, 5,000 stop signs and over 400 miles of paved roads.
Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation
- Traffic Systems
- Right-of-Way & Landscaping
- Fleet Maintenance
- Tuscaloosa Regional Airport
- Report a pothole or other transportation problem
RAILROAD CROSSING CLOSURES
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises Norfolk Southern Railway has notified us that the following railroad crossings are subject to closing: 10th Ave., Dr. Edward Hillard Drive, Kicker Rd. and 26th Ave East; beginning Wednesday, January 07, 2015 through Friday, January 9, 2015, sometime between the hours of 8AM and 5PM. Each closure could last up to 4 hours. The closure is due to track maintenance.
STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 19, 2015
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation will be sweeping the following general areas the week of January 19, 2015.
- 15th Street to Hargrove Road (Forest Lake Area), Meador Drive, Highland Oaks Drive, Springbrook, 36th Street East
- Heatherbrook, Redbud Lane, El Dorado East, Woodland Forest Drive, Overbrook Road, Orchard Lane, Bryant Circle to Huntland Drive
- 1st Place NE, Summerfield Drive, Green Acres Drive, 46th Avenue East, Lynn Haven, 14th Place East, Redmont Drive, Hillsdale Circle, Brookhill Road, Ridgewood Road, Somerset Place, Firethorn Drive, Hillswood Lane, Woodland Hills Drive, Red Oak Lane
- Oak Chase, Waterfall Lane, Brook Highland Drive, Bluegrass Parkway, Sierra Drive, Meretta Lane, Lake Ridge Lane, Grand Arbor Drive, Shamley Drive, Harbor Ridge Way, Yacht Club, Normandy Place, Essex Circle NE
In order to allow the sweepers to do a thorough job, please refrain from parking on the street in these areas this week.