TDOT provides Tuscaloosa with services such as maintaining streets; installation, maintenance and monitoring of traffic signals; traffic calming devices, storm drains, animal control, litter removal and much more. We operate and maintain 200 traffic signals, 5,000 stop signs and over 400 miles of paved roads.
Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation
- Traffic Systems
- Right-of-Way & Landscaping
- Fleet Maintenance
- Tuscaloosa Regional Airport
- Report a pothole or other transportation problem
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises the portion of 6th Street between 21st Avenue and 23rd Avenue will be closed beginning Friday, October 17, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. and will remain closed through Sunday, October 19, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. The closure is due to the CBS 42 T-Town Tailgate event.
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation advises 7th Street from 21st Avenue to 22nd Avenue will be closed from Friday, October 17, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. until Sunday, October 19, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Access to the City Hall parking deck will be maintained. The closure is due to the CBS 42 T-Town Tailgate event.
STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 20, 2014
The City of Tuscaloosa Department of Transportation will be sweeping the following general areas the week of October 17, 2014.
- 15th Street to Hargrove, and Greensboro Avenue to Hackberry Lane, 16th thru 19th Street, Avalon Place, Pinehurst, Guildswood, Dearing Place, Alaca Place, Parkview Drive, Bonita Terrace, Meadow Lawn, 11th Court, 12th Avenue, The Downs, Hillcrest, Harrison Street, Old Mills Street, Brooksdale Drive
- Lakepoint Drive, Monte Vista Drive, Lakeside Cove, Spring Hill Drive, Norwood Lane, Palisades Drive, 33rd Court East, Rainbow Drive, Diamond Ridge Lane, Joshua Circle, 30th thru 33rd Avenue East, Alpine Place, 48th Place East
- 26th and 28th Avenue East, Juanita Drive, Crescent Gardens Drive, The Knoll, Durrett Grove, Arcadia Drive, 12th Place East, 6th Street NE, Green Grove, Sunset Drive NE, Beech Hills, 21st Street East, Mayfair Lane, Lewis Lane, Clairmont Road, Patton Avenue, Cherokee Hills, Woodland Terrace, Tall Pine Circle, Willow Ridge Lane, 35th Street East
- 35th and 37th Street NE, 16th thru 19th Avenue NE, Gaineswood Lane, Brandon Parkway, Hodge Circle, Edward Circle, The Towns of North River, Lesley Drive, Point Clear Road, Greystone, Crown Pointe, Newport Drive
In order to allow the sweepers to do a thorough job, please refrain from parking on the street in these areas this week.