Tuscaloosa Recycles! Do You?The city of Tuscaloosa offers several recycling options for citizens. These services include curbside recycling collection, drop-off recycling, drop-off electronic recycling, and non-residential curbside recycling.
Recycle more and waste less. Recycling reduces the amount of garbage we create, which reduces the amount of garbage in your garbage cart or dumpster.
Items that are thrown in garbage carts and dumpsters are transported straight to the local landfill. Buried garbage and trash will remain at the landfill for many many years!
Recycle every day items (listed here) and help keep Tuscaloosa Clean & Green!
- All city of Tuscaloosa residential garbage customers may choose to utilize our curbside recycling program.
- Curbside recycling service and the recycling bin are offered free of charge.
- Curbside recycling is collected on the same day as garbage and trash. Find your collection day here.
- Recyclables do not have to be separated for collection, with the exception of paper (must be bagged) and plastic film/bags (must be bundled). Place all of your recyclables in your bin and our crews will sort them for processing at the City recycling plant.
- When a City holiday interrupts the curbside recycling collection schedule, routes will typically resume the next scheduled work day. Holiday Collection Information
Drop-off recycling trailers are located throughout Tuscaloosa and are a convenient way for businesses, apartment dwellers, and others who do not receive the City’s curbside recycling service to recycle newspaper, magazines, aluminum cans, steel cans, plastic #1 and plastic #2 bottles, plastic bags, mixed office paper, and cardboard boxes. No trash or garbage may be left at a drop off recycling locations.