The City of Tuscaloosa is accepting applications for a position on the Planning and Zoning Commission (Planning Commission or PZC). Duties include:
- Approving the City’s comprehensive plan (Framework)
- Recommending code updates and zoning amendments upon adoption of Framework
- Approval of subdivisions within the City and its planning jurisdiction
- Approval of planned unit developments outside City limits
- Approval of historic buffer cases
- Providing recommendations on:
- Planned Unit Developments within City limits
- Changes to the Zoning text
- Changes to the Zoning map
- Street vacations
- Downtown/Riverfront Overlay District (DROD) applications
- Riverfront Development District (RDD) applications
Members of the PZC will meet a minimum of once per month to review and make recommendations to the City Council. Additional special-called meetings may be scheduled during the process of adopting the City’s comprehensive plan, Framework.
All candidates will be reviewed and recommended by the City’s mayor. The term of the appointment is six years.