Welcome to the Tuscaloosa Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Tuscaloosa Police Department City limits or at a business in Tuscaloosa Police jurisdiction?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our OnlineCitizenPolice Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Tuscaloosa Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
- Custody Order Violation
- Traffic Complaint
- Vehicle Vandalism
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Hit and Run
- Identity Theft
- Lost or Unintentional Damaged Property
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Tuscaloosa Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 205-349-2121) to file your report. Or if it is a Code Enforcement Violation, please contact 311.
Frequently Asked Queastions
What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 205-349-2121.
What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Tuscaloosa Police Department please call the police department for that city. If this occurred at a business, in the Tuscaloosa Police jurisdiction, you can file your report online.