View Notification
No notifications.

How do I find an attorney to represent me?

The City of Tuscaloosa and the Office of the City Attorney are prohibited by law from representing you or your interests. We also cannot recommend attorneys to you. If you need an attorney you may find these resources useful:

Alabama State Bar Lawyers Referral Service. Call 800-392-5660 or visit and look for the Lawyers Referral Service link. This service by the state bar association will give you the name and contact information of attorneys in your area that handle the kind of legal problem you have.

Legal Services Alabama is a statewide nonprofit organization providing free civil legal assistance to low-income and elderly Alabamians. Call 205-758-7503 or visit

The University of Alabama School of Law Clinical Program has several specialized clinical programs that may or may not be able to assist you. Call 205-348-4960 if you think you might qualify.

Most attorneys advertise in the telephone book yellow pages. Look under “Attorneys.”