HUD Approves City of Tuscaloosa CDBG-DR Partial Action Plan Obligating $12.8 Million
November 4, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Ala. – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development approved a City of Tuscaloosa action plan obligating $12,857,064 for eight projects to support recovery efforts. These funds are part of the 2013 Community Development Block Grant for Disaster Recovery allocation totaling $43.9 million.
Funding amounts for approved projects include:
- Housing assistance: $150,000
- Neighborhood lakes clean-up: $200,000
- Hargrove Road/Hackberry Lane: $952,247
- Habitat for Humanity: $1 million
- Rosewood sewer: $1.71 million
- Cedar Crest drainage improvements: $2.2 million
- Technology public library: $2.8 million
- University Place/Forest Lake infrastructure and City Walk: $3,042,100
About $800,000 will be used for program administration and comprehensive planning.
HUD also approved a partial action plan by the State of Alabama that included $100,000 for a bus hub in the Alberta area.
Projects approved must be completed within two years. Amendments will be made in subsequent action plans to fulfill the entire allocation.
The City’s action plan can be viewed in full at www.tuscaloosa.com/recovery/action-plans.