Media Advisory: City of Tuscaloosa Municipal Elections
February 16, 2017
Tuscaloosa, Ala -- Due to the many changes this election cycle, the City of Tuscaloosa has launched a new elections website, www.elections.tuscaloosa.com. Citizens can visit the site to find out where to vote through the new polling locations map application. Visitors can also learn about the adoption of poll pad technology through an educational video. Potential voters can gather information about all of the candidates and have access to important registration and absentee application documents.
Changes for this election cycle:
- Election Day has moved from August to Tuesday, March 7.
- Adoption of poll pad technology to make voter processing simpler, more efficient and to cut down on fraudulent activities.
- There are new polling locations.
Important dates to remember:
- Friday, February 17: last day to register at the Tuscaloosa County Board of Registrars
- Monday, Feb. 20: last day to register to vote online
- Thursday, Feb. 23: poll worker training 6-8 p.m. at Curry Environmental Services Complex located at 3440 Kauloosa Avenue
- Thursday, March 2: poll worker training 6-8 p.m. at Curry Environmental Services Complex located at 3440 Kauloosa Avenue
- Thursday, March 2: absentee voter application deadline
- Friday, March 3: testing of electronic vote counting systems (open to the public) at 9:30 am in the Tuscaloosa County Warehouse located at 1200 James I. Harrison Parkway East
- Monday, March 6: postmark deadline for absentee ballots
- Monday, March 6: 5 p.m. deadline to turn in absentee ballots in person at city clerk’s office
- Tuesday, March 7: Polls are open 7a.m.- 7p.m.