View Notification
Executive Order 2020-001 extending the water, sewer, and solid waste collection grace period and suspending disconnections has expired. Learn More

Burial Permit

The City of Tuscaloosa requires a permit before burial at any of the City of Tuscaloosa owned cemeteries. This includes Evergreen Cemetery, Greenwood Cemetery, West Highland Cemetery (the City owned portion only), Alberta Cemetery and Pine Ridge Cemetery.

This permit will need to be submitted electronically to and then approved before burial of any remains or cremains in any City-owned cemetery. Upon approval of a permit, a receptacle for spoiled dirt will be provided for you or your contractor’s use.

Questions can be directed to the City of Tuscaloosa by calling 311 at 205-248-5311.